Wrist Mala without Guru Bead:
1. Hold the mala with the long knot at the top. Use thumb and forefinger from each hand to hold beads on either side of the knot (left hand holds the bead on the eft, right hand holds the bead on the right).
2. Pull hands apart and away from the long knot. Our malas are usually knotted a little tight so you can pull pretty hard!
3. To tighten, pull small beads at the end of the strings.
Wrist Mala with Guru Bead:
1. Hold the mala with the guru bead at the top.
2. Either slide the knot above the guru bead up or pull the beads on either side of the guru bead away from each other which will push the guru bead and the knot up towards the ends of the string.
3. To tighten, hold the small beads at the ends of the string and pull the guru bead and knot back down.